Ark is adding some neat changes to ark in an upcoming update, starting off 2019 pretty strong. One of the main focuses of this update is structure plus, which has been promised to come to the main game for quite awhile. This will come to pc in beta form, until it can launch sometime on console later this year. Wildcard will give more information later this week on how to opt-in to this beta.
You can check out the full list of changes coming for Structures Plus (S+) By going to this link – Community Crunch 163
Here are some changes to note
- Made structure quick pickup time configurable in ini file (ServerSettings -> StructurePickupTimeAfterPlacement, default = 30)
- Added new ini config option to ignore the duration and always allow quick pickup (ServerSettings -> AlwaysAllowStructurePickup, default = false)
- Improved quick pickup HUD text to avoid overlapping other text, and to format durations as timestamps if over 60 seconds to support very long times if configured for that
- Enabled structure quick pickup for ALL structures. For structures that previously had pickup disabled, they now auto-disable quick pickup as soon as the player interacts with the structure in any way (unless AlwaysAllowStructurePickup is set to true)
- Added ‘smooth’ sidewall textures variants (like the stone foundation) to the stock square foundations [Adobe, Metal, Stone, Tek, Thatch, Wood]
- Triangle foundations [Adobe, Metal, Stone, Tek, Wood]
- Triangle ceilings [Adobe, Metal, Stone, Tek, Wood, Greenhouse]
- Triangle roofs [Adobe, Metal, Stone, Tek, Wood, Greenhouse]
- Large (4x height) walls [Adobe, Metal, Stone, Tek, Wood]
- Flexible pipe [Stone, Metal]
- Flexible electrical cable
- Stairs (with freely swappable ramp variant) [Adobe, Metal, Stone, Tek, Wood]
- Double door frames [Adobe, Metal, Stone, Tek, Wood]
- Double doors [Adobe, Metal, Stone, Tek, Wood]
- Dedicated storage (Tek structure that allows storing a large amount of a single resource)
- Fence supports (allows you to build fences that are level along the top) [Adobe, Metal, Stone, Tek, Wood]
These changes are going to be a huge addition to the game, and the feedback from players is already outstandingly positive.
Kibble changes are another thing coming in this 2019 update. Here are the things you’re going to see changing.
Kibble changes that will be in the beta branch:
All eggs have been assigned a value based on the size and rarity of the egg. These sizes include: Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and Special. The eggs are used in a recipe to create kibble of a coinciding value: Basic, Simple, Regular, Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary. This new system will make it so that creature kibble desires are based on the quality levels instead of specific creatures, which should greatly decrease the number of tamed creatures needed for the purposes of taming.
Regarding previously crafted kibble:
- Old kibbles will not be wiped, and will inherit their new “value/color” appropriately.
- Old kibbles will still work to tame their appropriate creatures.
- Old kibble will no longer be craftable, only the new types will be craftable.
This is a sum up of what wildcard has posted, we recommend checking out the full Community Crunch 163 to see all the information posted by the devs.